Monday, July 8, 2013

Part 2: Testosterone update

So I've been on testosterone since May 25th, so that's six weeks.


I have gotten a little more facial hair - all blonde and soft - but I shaved it off on July 4.  That was a fun and interesting process.  Shaving is harder than it looks!  But my face feels smooth and a little less soft, which I like. Other hair growth appears to be slow in coming in.

One thing that I have noticed, although I haven't noticed any actual pitch changes, are changes to my  ability to sing songs I once could sing. I used to be able to match pitch with songs on the radio (or, in yesterday's awful case, Guitar Hero) and now I can not.  I squeak and sound funny.  It is awful. It is like I can't make my voice go where I expect to go.  It makes me embarrassed for myself!

Emotionally I feel like the same, semi-detached person I've always felt like. I don't find it any harder (or easier, for that matter) to cry, and I don't find myself really more prone to anger.  Yes, I have gotten extra annoyed twice since starting "T" but generally I think that has more to do with my actual patience with the thing being discussed than any sort of "'roid rage."

I read an interesting article about how hormones can't change you innately, but your comfort in yourself may change you, and I think that's what's happening.  I definitely feel more comfortable with myself and more comfortable with the idea that I'm going to finally transition and become the man I've always known myself to be.

Surgery is in T minus 15 days - a half month. After decades of waiting. I'm a little nervous about surgery, but that's for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment