Monday, July 15, 2013

Part 2: Coming out even more - the work email

Monday, July 15 at 9:00 a.m.

The work email went out today and there has been an outpouring of supportive emails and phone calls ever since it went out.  It has been an amazing morning.

As my work-friend ____ said, hopefully co-workers will give me the support and respect I deserve and the "close-minded will zipper it, which they should."  That's really all I can hope for.

I have yet to hear from anyone who is upset about it. Undoubtedly they'll keep that to themselves or go to the big boss or a supervisor about it.

I'm still super nervous, but the six emails of support I've gotten and one phone call have put me much more at ease.

I really, truly appreciate all my wonderful colleagues in my department and across the city and I look forward to many more years with them.

Update 12 p.m.

I have 16 supportive emails sitting in my inbox. I have gotten two hugs, a pat on the back and two phone calls. My organization is fantastic.

Update 2:30 p.m.

Just sent out the email to colleagues outside the organization. The support continues to pour in. Even if just in a few words.  I feel so privileged to be a part of this organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment