Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Part 2: Androgel day two

Today is day two of AndroGel and boy is it somewhat anti-climactic!

I put it on in the morning yesterday for the first time and that was fun, but because nothing is "happening" it is kind of boring.  I know it is working its way into my system and will build up and stuff will start to happen eventually, but right now it is sort of the equivalent of putting on lotion when your skin is dry.

I'm hoping I start to see changes before my next doctor's visit which is in six weeks.  I get labs drawn in five weeks and have a meeting with the doctor in six, because it takes a week to get the lab results back.  But I'm guessing nothing will change.  I also think she may up the dose when I see her, but I'm sure that's dependent upon labs.  She does up most people's dosages after six weeks so...we shall see. Two pumps isn't even listed on the prescribing sheet as a dose for men; that starts at four pumps.

It is super easy to put on, though, and dries much faster than I anticipated.  I just hope it is working its magic on me!!!!

I did a voice note today so that I have a recording of what I sound like "before" "T" and I'll do a voice note every week just to see what happens.  I also did a little short video so I can watch my face change, as well as my voice. I'm not posting those anywhere for now, or even potentially ever, but I'm excited to see the changes as they progress.

I can't believe that this is actually happening. I can't wait to see what things are like in a few weeks.

In disappointing news, I found out that my surgeon has yet to sign her notes from our visit two weeks ago so the administrative assistant hasn't been able to submit the paperwork for prior authorization yet.  The assistant told me that she asked Dr. Buckley's nurse to ensure that the notes were signed on Tuesday when Dr. Buckley is in the clinic next so that she can submit the prior authorization on Wednesday when she's back in the office. Let's hope that happens!


No comments:

Post a Comment