Monday, June 10, 2013

Part 2: Surgery date set

So I have been putting off writing this post for a while since we've been super busy.

I am 10 days on testosterone (nothing happening) and I set my surgery date for July 22.

I am thrilled that HealthPartners approved my prior authorization for top surgery within literally three days of it being submitted. What an amazing thing to have such a supportive insurance company!

I am super nervous about surgery because I've never had anything more than my wisdom teeth removed.  It is really scary to think about being put under anesthesia for up to six or so hours. I really hope she does it faster than that, but I also understand that I want her to take her time and do a good job, so I don't want a rush job. I think she's a bit of a perfectionist, however, so I think that's a good thing.

I can't believe this is really happening to me.  The thing I have wanted the most in all the world (other than a wonderful partner and a family, which I have already) is coming true. It is really hard to believe that after all this time I'm finally going to become the person I always wanted to be.

In other news, we got a new puppy and a new car.

No comments:

Post a Comment