Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Part 3: Two-week check up/two-weeks post op

Visited with Dr. Buckley late yesterday to address the slight puffiness on the left hand side and to pick up some more dressings. 

After a quick poke at me, she determined that dressings were not needed any more and that the puffiness will likely go away on its own. It still might not, but there's nothing she can do about it.  That's okay.  I'll just work out so that both sides match!

It is super interesting/strange/funny/weird to not have dressings on anymore.  My shirt is actually touching my skin all over.  Haven't felt that feeling since before I had to wear a bra.  So strange and so cool at the same time. I'm feeling a little sore, but nothing that a little ibuprofen can't take care of.

All part of the healing process, right?

Buckley was super pleased with my progress over the last week and is really happy with the result, as am I.  The adhesive over the incisions is finally starting to flake off, and everything is looking pink and healthy. Couldn't have asked for a better turn out, really. So grateful that we have someone like Buckley in town willing to work with insurance.  Also grateful that insurance is taking such good care of me. She wants to see me again in about three months for final photos and a final check up.  Very exciting.


Two more weeks before I can hit the pool or start lifting weights again.  It is very hard for me to keep being inactive in the upper body, but I'm getting used to it.  At the gym I've been using the recumbent exercise bike and that seems to work well.

No comments:

Post a Comment