Thursday, March 14, 2013

Part I: Therapy 2

February 4, 2013 I met with Scott a second time and this time we covered the process of coming out as a lesbian at 19 and my dating and relationship history and my gender identity history.

Scott even mentioned my potential letter for hormones at this time.  He said three months was what he needed to write the letter for hormones. This got me really excited.  Maybe a bit too excited, in retrospect.

At that meeting with Scott I was able to tell him that I had come out to my book club friends and they had accepted me. I was afraid to come out to them, my closest friends, because I was worried that they'd laugh at me since they had been with me through the first "attempt" at transition that failed.

But they did not laugh.  They were super supportive and it is good to know that they love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment