Thursday, March 14, 2013

Part 1: Coming out

After that second meeting with Scott I came out to lots of my close friends. It felt good. Like getting this huge weight off my chest finally. I was on my way.

My partner and I strategized coming out to more friends and more family.  We made a list of people who needed to know in a personal way.  We made a list of people who could just get an email and those who needed an in-person conversation.

And then we talked about my family.  And we strategized about how to come out to my immediate family and how to come out to my extended family.  Basically, we decided to cut my dad's family out of the picture, out of fear, and we decided to tackle my parents and my aunts, uncles and cousins through carefully timed letters, either e-mail or by hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment