Thursday, March 14, 2013

Part 1: Therapy 3

I feel like I've had my reins pulled up short.  I had what I felt like was a disheartening meeting with Scott yesterday.  He talked about taking T and then changing my name without having top surgery.  That seems dangerous and stupid to me.  I can't pass with a chest the size of mine and I really don't think that having a male name and a female gender marker on your ID is a safe thing to do.

What I really want is to start T and have top surgery about the same time.  WPATH says this is okay.

I'm totally okay with seeing Scott for at lest three months before he writes a letter for anything, but I really don't think it is okay to do what he suggested.

So, I feel taken down a peg and worried about where this is or isn't going.

No comments:

Post a Comment